It’s been a long time since I wrote a blog post…so long that in the time that’s elapsed, I’ve got older.
One thing’s for sure – though I’m riding the same bike, I’m not a patch on Emyr Davies… The Ranger did me proud though, up and down hill!
We’ve been slack on blog posts, but behind the scenes we’ve been anything but idle!
A few of you may have seen Burf’s new Ranger, which looks like a Ranger (well, because it is!) but really is all-new.
There’s been a couple of years of brain work, a solid week of CAD work, a couple of weeks of tool making and bad welding (mine, not Burf’s)…
…as well as the build time itself, and now a few big days of riding. There’s still a bit to do though, before we can tell you any more.
But that’s not all we’ve been up to:
- Frame kits are now available from our website.
- Extra functionality is brewing away behind the scenes on the website too, as well as speed improvements and other tweaks.
- Trail Tools are out of stock, again (sigh), but we’re already working on the next batch!
- The Trail Tool will have a big brother soon too…
- We’ve redesigned our 12mm rear axle.
- Remember when BTR made full suspension bikes?? Hold that thought…
- Big plans are in motion for the BTR Team next year – world domination coming right up!
- We’ve been solidly turning out frames and bikes for customers around the world – as far afield as New Zealand, and as close as Bath.
- We have two more frame models nearing production, opening up new a new discipline for BTR, and a new trend.
- We’ve worked with Reynolds, Dedacciai, and The Bicycle Academy, producing custom tubing to allow us to push the geometry and performance of our bikes to new levels.
It’s been a good year already, but we’ve got plenty of exciting developments coming in the month or so that remains. Watch this space!